Supercheap Auto Racing's Chaz Mostert has enjoyed a consistent weekend at the Auckland SuperSprint, finishing sixth and fourth in each the final two races.
Mostert finished fifth in the standings for the meet, a strong finish ahead of the final event of the season.
In race 26 Chaz Mostert dropped down to ninth place after starting in sixth, but was able to make up ground to finish in his starting position.
The rain held off for the final hitout with Mostert finishing in his starting position after closely following McLaughlin for the duration of the race.
Chaz Mostert - #55 Supercheap Auto PRA Ford:
Race 26 Qualifying: 6th
Race 26 Result: 6th
Race 27 Qualifying: 4th
Race 27 Result: 4th
"I tried my hardest out there but finishing sixth in the first one and fourth in the second one. A good amount of points there heading into the last round but we still struggled with the balance of the car. It was hard to race out there with everyone on the same tyre so we'll look forward to Homebush. Hopefully we can dial the car in, see what we can do and we'll go from there."
Rod Nash – Team Owner:
"We had a consistent weekend which is promising. We definitely had pace but there is more to find so we'll take a look at everything between events. There's a bit of work to do before we go to Sydney to get a good car together so that's the focus now."
RACE 26 RESULTS
1) Mark Winterbottom – The Bottle-O Racing Team
2) Scott Pye – DJR Team Penske
3) Shane van Gisbergen – Triple Eight
4) Fabian Coulthard – DJR Team Penske
5) Craig Lowndes – Triple Eight
6) Chaz Mostert – Supercheap Auto Racing
RACE 27 RESULTS
1) Jamie Whincup – Triple Eight
2) Shane van Gisbergen – Triple Eight
3) Scott McLaughlin - GRM
4) Chaz Mostert – Supercheap Auto Racing
5) Mark Winterbottom – The Bottle-O Racing Team
DRIVER CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS
1) Shane van Gisbergen – Triple Eight: 3089
2) Jamie Whincup – Triple Eight: 2898
3) Craig Lowndes – Triple Eight: 2596
4) Scott McLaughlin – Garry Rogers Motorsport: 2575
5) Will Davison – Tekno: 2403
7) Chaz Mostert – Prodrive Racing: 2235
1) Triple Eight: 5997
2) HRT: 3945
3) GRM: 3908
4) Prodrive Racing Australia: 3815